Friday, April 18, 2014

Get Your Greens In Early


Wow, it's been a long time. I have some back-logged posts to get up here so there'll be new recipes coming soon.

Along with the arrival of spring, I am recommitting myself to the healthy stuff again. While no longer a pesca-vegetarian, the meat I use is organic, free-range, and/or grass fed as much as possible, and I'll keep posting lots of light, healthy vegetable-focused recipes. (Looking forward to doing fun new things with my CSA goods this year!) I hope you'll join me for it.

Today I just had a super simple smoothie for breakfast:

2 scoops of Lexington Co-op QuickTein, a cup of organic baby spinach and some water and ice, and voila - breakfast of champions. Not the best tasting protein shake mix ever though—so I'd recommend the Isopure I've mentioned before over the one above. But what a simple way to get some greens in at breakfast. Most people have caught on by now but if you haven't, please try it! You can barely taste the veggies when you get a good tasting protein shake mix.

Have a healthy day today!

photo credit: thebittenword.com via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment